An acetaminophen test is used to determine if you have overused the drug. It is also used to determine risk of liver damage and helps to determine the appropriate treatments.
The normal levels or the therapeutic levels of acetaminophen are 10-20 mcg/mL.
Less than 150 mcg/mL 4 hours after ingestion may indicate low risk of liver damage.
Greater than 200 mcg/mL 4 hours after ingestion or greater than 50 mcg/mL 12 hours after ingestion may indicate liver damage or acetaminophen poisoning.
Keywords: Acetaminophen; Paracetamol