ESTROPIPATE: FDA Approved Drugs and User Comments

User Comments:

Ogen (estropipate) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I’ve been using Ogen for the past 5 years and really cannot live a normal life without it. I had a total hysterectomy at 32 years of age, was on Premarin for about 15 years knowing the ingredients, then on Estratest for about 2 years before going cold turkey without anything for 2 years. Those 2 years were hard. I just wanted to go to the top of a building and jump off. I tried other natural things, but they didn’t work. I finally went to a Doctor in Canada to get an prescription for Ogen. Now I discover that it is no longer being manufactured. Someone needs to start re-manufacturing it – PLEASE !”

Anonymous May 14, 2010

Ogen (estropipate) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have used Ogen for over 30 years – following a hysterectomy at 38 years of age. It is absolutely wonderful. I have experienced no side effects. I take the name brand, because generics don’t work for me. Following Hurricane Katrina, when my doctor’s office was destroyed, and I didn’t know where to contact her, I went without my Ogen for three months. I then learned just how beneficial it was to my quality of life, healthwise.I am distressed to learn from my pharmacist that Ogen is no longer being manufactured. At least it isn’t available in the Jackson, Mississippi area. I’m going to try the generic brand as a last resort.”

JMoRealtor February 4, 2010

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have been experiencing severe heart pounding and speeding due to menopause and not much has helped. I tried chinese herbs, bio identical hormones, birth control pill and beta blockers. My Endocrinologist put me on 3.0mg Estropipate and within a few days I’m experiencing more ‘calmness’ of the pounding. It’s not completely gone but it has improved 90%, the good news is you can increase the dosage and it helps with bone density.” July 1, 2008

* The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.