How to Relieve Esophageal Pain?
The esophagus or food pipe is a muscular tube that moves the food from the back of throat to stomach.
The causes of esophageal pain may include:
- Esophageal Ulcer
- Acid Reflux Disease
- Esophageal Spasm
- Esophageal Varices
Tips to Relieve Esophageal Pain
Esophageal Pain is often uncomfortable and annoying. Here are some self-care tips to relieve the pain:
- Eat less or no spices and foodstuffs that may irritate your esophagus;
- Make a list of foods and beverages that cause your pain, because the food triggers may vary with each individual;
- Avoid very hot or cold foods and drinks;
- Refrain from alcohol and tobacco consumption, which contribute to many esophageal problems;
- Find ways to control your stress.
Keywords: relieve esophageal pain