How to treat diabetic neuropathy in feet?
Diabetic neuropathy can lead to pain, numbness or tingling in your feet. Without proper treatments, this condition can be worse.
Unfortunately, there is no effective treatment to cure diabetic neuropathy in feet.
Instead, you can find some treatments to control your condition and improve your life quality, including:
Control blood glucose levels
High blood glucose levels make your condition worse. So you should pay more attention to your blood glucose levels in order to keep them within a normal range.
To achieve this goal, you can:
- Keep healthy diets. Eat less each meal, less sugar and more vegetables.
- Do exercises regularly. It can help you lose weight and reduces your blood glucose levels . But you should take care not to hurt your feet.
- Monitor your blood glucose levels. You can go to see doctor often or test your blood sugar with glucose meter at home. And according to your blood glucose levels, you can adjust your activities to it.
- Don’t smoke and limit alcohol use. A healthy life style can make your blood sugar stable.
Protect your feet
When you get diabetic neuropathy in your feet, you should concern about your feet more. The feet injury adds damage to your condition. You can do something to avoid it, such as:
- Do not wear shoes without socks. The soft socks can prevent your feet from the injury of the friction.
- Wear comfortable shoes. It can comfort your feet and avoid hurting them.
- Change socks and shoes every day. It makes your feet away from infection and keeps them fit.
Sometimes, diabetic neuropathy in feet causes annoying pain. You can take some drugs to relieve your pain, including:
- Anti-seizure medications
But you should know that these drugs are only helpful to relieve your pain, and they may not all work well for everyone.
In a word, there are various treatments for diabetic neuropathy in feet. You can combine them according to your condition. Also you should call you doctor often to look for the best advice.
Keywords: diabetic neuropathy feet treatment; diabetic neuropathy treatment feet; treatment diabetic neuropathy feet