Getting gastroenteritis is troublesome. It can cause diarrhea, vomiting, hydration, weakness and other problems. Here are some helpful home remedies.
- Drink often: Drink frequently lots of clear water, or sports drinks, in small amounts. This can rehydrate you and ease your stomach.
- Ease back into eating: After getting gastroenteritis, you may feel uneasiness in your stomach. It’s time for it to settle. When you feel better, try to eat some easy-to-digest food, such as soda crackers, bananas, and white rice.
- Avoid certain foods: Avoid dairy products, caffeine, alcohol and fatty food, as they’re burdens for the stomach.
- Rest a lot: Gastroenteritis causes weakness, and getting a lot of rest can make you feel better.
- Be cautious with medications: Some medicines can interact or have certain side effects. It’s better to use medications after check with your doctor and pharmacist.