What are the signs or symptoms of intercostal neuralgia?
Intercostal neuralgia is a kind of neuropathic pain involving the intercostal nerves. It may cause thoracic pain, which may affect your chest wall and upper trunk.
The signs or symptoms of intercostal neuralgia include:
- Burning, sharp, or shooting pain around the ribs, in the upper chest or in the upper back
- Squeezing pressure sensation that wraps around the chest from front to back
- Involuntary muscle twitching
- Muscle atrophy
- Loss of appetite
- Persistent cough producing yellowish-green phlegm
- Sudden confusion, dizziness or change in level of consciousness.
- Acute abdominal pain
- Breathing difficulties
- Pain in arms and/or shoulders
- Numbness and/or tingling
Keywords: signs symptoms of intercostal neuralgia